Saturday, October 22, 2005

I've got 99 positive feedbacks on eBay. Now if just one of the three sellers that 'owe' me feedback would get off their lazy arse I'll get to 100. Dammit, I want my next-coloured star! <pout>

Hm, a 'for-sale' sign's gone up on the house across the road. I'd been wondering what happened to the little old lady living there, haven't seen her or her gorgeous old pale-blue ford for weeks.

Heh, my umbrella is the best anti-rain talisman I could have. If on overcast days I step outside without my large and inconvenient-to-carry umbrella I'm bound to get wet. However, if I do carry it, the sun will come out.

Lessons I have learnt:
The creases in a crumpled linen shirt will mostly smooth themselves out after the garment's been worn for half an hour. While this still doesn't make it look like you've taken the effort to iron your shirt, it makes it a little less obvious that the shirt's been lying on the floor for a month and was only picked up that morning cos there was nothing else clean to wear. <cough>

Oh! I've seen Orli-squee calendars! Not many of them - it looks like they're selling quickly - but... I want one! He's so cute <squinch>, lolling about trying to look all sexy and sultry, just like a big boy! <smirk>

And, I've finally found a solution to something that's been intermittently bugging me for months - how to make a red blood-cell shaped cushion. Yes, I've worked out how to do it. I'll need to attach and stuff the inner cylinder of material to the outer covers first before sewing on the proportionately wider outer band. The difference between the inner and outer bands should, in theory, pull the material down into a concave on both sides.
Ah, I can see it now, a lounge-room full of giant red blood-cells...

Woke up from a very detailed dream yesterday. I was at a beach, where I learnt that the young surfers communicated their desire to go to a different beach by executing particular moves on the sand. ie: a back-flip meant one place, a jump and spin another. I thought this was an odd way of communicating with bus drivers, even foreign ones, but no, it was to tell the waves where you wanted to go. I couldn't help thinking this wasn't a particularly safe way to travel...
Later I appeared to be trailing around after a blonde woman as she told me about her life. She set up a drum-kit on a breakwall and played 'til the sun went down. Then we went to Niki's new house by the sea for a party and sleepover. (Niki always seems to be doing well in my dreams. I wonder why? Perhaps she represents success? Anyway...) The cubs' father was there as well, but that wasn't as important as trying to explain to someone that it was fine to kill an icky, black, poisonous spider but they had to leave the beautiful garden orb alone.
The next morning, in a cafe, the blonde woman had dyed her hair red and was pretending to be a journalist - she asked someone to give her some 'news' to talk about to help the deception - while I somehow had given someone the impression that I knew all about medieval basketball and so found myself on a court, in a tunic, wondering what the hell I was going to do...

And last night's dream was just as detailed but I can't remember much of it at all besides trying to take a shower, on a bed, while wearing a veil... Very odd, and frustrating.

No comments: