Monday, October 31, 2005

Because tomorrow is a public holiday lots of people also took today off, and they were all at my shopping centre, getting in my way! Slackers! <grumble> Why can't people walk in straight lines?

Eeep! We have two huntsmen in the house! One's in the lounge, which is fine, I can keep an eye on the beastie but the other's in the cubs' room! Ack. I told them not to worry cos it'll keep the mosquitos away. (Translation: I am not negotiating my way over the mountain of rubble in there, at night, to try and catch the stupid thing. I'll have a look tomorrow. Maybe I can chase it outside with a broom...)
I'm very carefully not thinking about how close that spider is to my room, though.

I've been trawling some excellent Snupin (Snape/Lupin) fic in the Chocolate Frog archives. It's well written and enjoyable even though there's a couple of plots I've found so far that are - to my mind - largely improbable.
Mmm, I do like Dom!Lupin though...

I was enthusing to Penny the other day that I'd found a place where I could buy rolls of polypropylene book covering. Yay! And then all I'd need was a database program and I could finally get on with cataloguing my collection...!
She looked at me and shook her head. "You really are a librarian, aren't you?" Hee! Give me half a chance...

I decided that, because I'll be taking 98% the kitchen stuff with me when the cubs and I move out, I'd be generous and help their father restock. To that end I've been looking in op shops for cheap crockery etc. Found some the other day, a nice, sensible (boring) pale grey dinner set - but what was more tempting was an even cheaper set of 'Country Garden' style crockery. It had ducks on it: kitschy 80's white ducks with blue bows... <big evil grin> The cubs' father will never know how close he came to having this <cough> quality, tasteful product gifted to him. I think he'd appreciate the joke, but no, better to keep him on-side.

And again I forgot to mention Soulsis' generosity - a handful of pink and purple neko bells (shiny!); a small fish wall-plaque mosaiced with bits of mirrors (more shiny!); and a cat's face dangly thing with marbles for eyes. <g> The sort of thing you hang in trees to keep the birds off your fruit. Thanks, Soulsis!

<sigh> It's supposed to be hot for the next couple of days - low 30's. I'm not anticipating that with any pleasure, but still, once this first flush of heat is over it'll mean I'll have less trouble adapting to the Summer temperatures later.

Heh, I think we're being kidnapped tomorrow and taken to Niki's for a Melbourne Cup Day get-together. Should be fun!

No comments: