Friday, October 14, 2005

Seeing as this old-style blog template doesn't have info-panes, I thought that every now and again I'd post a list of links of interest.
Today, it's a few web comics. (Unless stated, the links take you to the first comic.)

Sink or Swim: OMG, the tiger's got a mullet!
I've only just discovered this anthropomorphic comic but the archives go back to 2001. The story is patchy but potentially interesting, and the artwork is good, evolving from b/w to colour. There's a lot of characters, and so far (early 2002) no smut. Not sure I'm interested enough in furries to keep reading but I'll see how I go. It updates 3 times a week.
(Oh, that link's not the first in the archive, by the way, just something that made me giggle.)

Dominic Deegan: Oracle for hire.
Joules introduced me to this one. Kinda fantasy, revolving around a seer and his family and friends and enemies. B/W with the occasional colour panel, it's a complex story laced with humour and some truly awful puns. There's a little implied nudity and rudeness but a lot more violence.
I got sucked in to the story, to the point of not writing anything for two days while I caught up with the comic. <g> It seems to be more or less het but there's a few bishies I'd love to see slashed.
Updates daily.

The Order of the Stick.
Another recent discovery. A stick-figure rendering of a Dungeons & Dragons campaign, complete with a useless, clueless bard, a homicidal halfling, a gender-indeterminate elf mage and references to character classes and bonuses. So, so funny!
Not especially violent, and there's been one reference to Dwarf sex. <g> Updates 3 times a week.

Sublunary.
A perpetual yaoi favourite - I get withdrawal symptoms when it's normally reliable updating schedule is interrupted. I love the artwork in this comic though the story can drag at times and there's not enough smut! Well, not enough smut to satisfy me. When there is smut though, it's explicit and beautiful.
Updates 3 times a week.

Avalon
It's interesting what you can find following links. Manga influenced dark-future, supernatural, vampires etc. There's a fair amount in the archives but the updating is sporadic by the looks of it. Not a particularly novel storyline, unfortunately, or characters, and the artwork is variable at best but there are some gorgeous individual panels that are a real treat. And it's stuffed full of bishies.
Some m/m smut (weeee! slave-fic!) and a little violence. It hasn't updated since the middle of September but I'll look in on it every now and again.

And a last one for now...
Alien loves Predator.
This is another one Joules introduced me to. Take Alien and Predator action figures, photograph then photoshop them into a comic strip set in New York and let the hilarity begin. Bizarre and sarcastic but very, very funny.
Updates once a week normally, but as the author has just become the father of twins don't expect the updates to be as regular as before. <g>

Yes, well. So that's what I do with my time when I should be writing...

Might do a list of blogs next time I get the urge to share my interests.
<g> I spose, like 'fridges and bookshelves, link-lists can tell you a lot about someone.

No comments: