Friday, December 23, 2005

The cubs and I trooped down to our local shopping suburb (which, I heard on the news last night, is going to be extended. Good gods above, why? It's already the biggest one in Australia, apparently. More cars, more people, more pointless consuming... <shudder> Anyway...)
I was dreading the trip but it wasn't too crowded, though I did have to wait a good long time to pick up some laybys. I've got my horsies! (Clydesdale stallion, Lippizaner stallion, Falabella and riding pony!) And the cubs have a swag of stuff that was layby'ed in the middle of the year when they were interested in Star Wars. They're enjoying it all - having enormous fun shooting each other in the arse with foam darts from the Wookie Bow-caster. <g>

It's times like this I'm very glad I don't drive anymore. The roads are manic - people tearing about trying to get to the shops as quickly as possible so they can get a parking spot. <shakes head> Madness. Sure I have to plan my shopping trips carefully cos I'm limited to what I can physically carry home but I'm much less stressed than a lot of people I see around me.
I do enjoy teasing the drivers though, especially the ones that follow you through the carpark, when it looks like you're leaving, so they can nab your parking spot. Hah! The looks on their faces when they realise they've been crawling along after me in vain. <smirk> Bad Lutra. Eh, it's their own fault, if people will insist on trying to park 10 paces away from the entrance...

Yay! Finished the snupin, and coded it, though Joules found a few glitches which she fixed. Thank you! <hugs> I'll send that off sometime soon.
Chapter 32 is also finished and I think that means sfsg is over 160k words now. Blimey, never knew I had it in me. And now there's only one or two chapters and an epilogue to go. Probably won't have it finished by the end of the year as I'd planned, not with all the holiday stuff that's happening including a couple of days up at Mum's, but it's all downhill from here. : )
Then, in between the rewrite I'll see about clearing up some of the stuff that's been languishing for months: Cathouse Ellis for one, but there's also a short mpreg, Elga, and a couple of other fantasy-inspired shorts. The longer fantasy and HP inspired shorts can wait a while. <g>

Hey ho, the cubs and I will be cleaning the lounge room today. The state it's in at the moment there's a good chance Santa will trip over something and break his leg as he's delivering presents.

No comments: