Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Right, while the horror is still fresh in my mind... The school xmas concert.
However, either I'm mellowing or it actually wasn't that bad. Yes there were some bits that made me wince while freezing a polite smile on my face but other than that...
The highlights: 1/2 T dressed up as Blues Brothers doing 'Shake your tail feathers' (I'd bet with the cubs' father that they were going to do 'Minnie the Moocher' but Tailfeathers is slightly more appropriate for 6-8 year olds, I guess); our school brass band - of which Penny's daughter is a member - tootling us a few tunes (they've come a looooong way since they started learning their instruments at the start of the year!); and the combined preps,1&2 singing Silent Night in German.
One cub's grade performed with their recorders, then did a little dance; the other cub's grade sang 'War is Over', which wasn't too bad except for the squeaky and/or flat 'chorus' in the background doing the 'war is over, if you want it' bit. <g>
See, it wasn't too bad, it didn't seem to go for that long and we were spared having to sing carols this year. I've attended worse.

I got a parcel from Onna! <squeebounce> Thank you!

Erk, only 6 school days left...

No comments: