Sunday, December 25, 2005

<blearblear> It wasn't the cubs that woke me up this morning, it was their father. The cubs didn't bounce in at sparrow's fart, as is usual on xmas morn, cos they were too busy playing the LEGO Star Wars game on their new Xbox. <g> That was the big present from their dad. I've already told them it's not coming up to Nana's with us; there was a chorus of disappointment until I pointed out their cousins will be there as well... I for one don't think I could cope with the noise generated by five sprogs and an Xbox. 2 sprogs and an Xbox is bad enough: even with with 2 controllers they're finding opportunities to argue. : ) But mostly it's cooperative play, so I can't really complain.
I gave the cubs a little digital camera and a packet of plasticine. It only took them 2 seconds to make the connection. "Oh! We can make our own stop-motion animation!" <proud> That's my cubs...
And they got books on steam trains, and model trains, and Hornby, and a soccer ball and a rugby ball - which seem to have been forgotten. <rolls eyes>
But they're very chuffed and that's what it's all about, innit?

The cubs' father and I exchanged presents at midnight, which is our tradition. I gave him a good quality (archival) photo album and acid-free photo corners, and he gave me the Kingdom of Heaven DVD! Squeee! (And of course the Xbox doubles as a DVD player so I can actually watch the thing rather than just stare longingly at the cover! <bouncebounce>)
One of the cubs gave me a hand-painted, cat-shaped cushion he'd made in art. <giggling> He asked me if he could have something to wrap it in. I wanted to know how much wrapping he'd need and he picked up his brother's hand-painted cat-shaped cushion that's been lying around the lounge room for weeks and said 'About this much...'. <rolling around laughing> I'd kind of guessed what he was giving me anyway, based on hints he'd dropped but that was so unsubtle.

So, a good xmas morning all told. The lounge is scattered with discarded wrappings; pillowcases, sheets, teatowels and the bits of ribbon used to keep them closed - I don't use paper - and the cubs are still glued to their game. It'll be easier to give them a countdown I think ('thirty minutes 'til you have to stop playing and get ready') than try and get them to move at the last minute. Dang, but I'm going to need a nap later though. <g>
Anyway - Happy Solstice/Xmas etc... : )

No comments: