Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I've done little else but sleep the past few days. Could be my immune system's fighting something off, could've been because it's hot, or it could've been because I went into shock after cleaning my room on Saturday. : )
Yes, I cleaned my room. Sort of. I finally got 'round to putting together one of the metal shelving units Mum had lobbed my way and stuffed it full of material and other crafty bits that've been lying around for months. I'm still surrounded by piles of stuff, but my bed's clear again and now I have a whole extra square metre of floor space. Yay me.

The cubs' father cut their hair. It's a serviceable cut, gone are the anime bangs, but... they've both got tails. <g> Their cousins have got/have had (I can't remember!) tails so my two decided that they wanted them too. Very cute, and I've not heard any stories about teasing at school so they might want to keep them for a while.

Odd sort of dream yesterday afternoon when I passed out on the couch. I was hearing a snippet of music over and over again. I knew it was coming from a DVD so I tried to find the player and switch it off. Instead of just the one player there was a whole series of the things and I had no choice but to check every bloody one. Meanwhile, Alarice had turned up with a couple of her friends, as well as Soulsis and her chicks, so there I was trying to turn off the noise while getting food and drink organised for everyone. Alarice had brought a big crate of juicy, cold oranges - so juicy it only took one to fill up a 2 litre jug. Mmmm... She noticed my growing frustration and tried to help by pulling out the plugs. I told her to stop cos the cubs' father was using the computer (another one, not mine) in the room and if she'd pulled the wrong one he would've lost everything he'd been working on.
I had a rat, too, a lovely agouti brown male - and I decided to put the piggle in with him for company. I checked on them a little bit later but the cage had been ripped open and the rat had escaped...
I woke up to find that it had been the looped menu music of a DVD I'd been listening to, and that I had 2 minutes to get out of the house in time to catch the bus to go and pick the cubs up. <sigh> Couldn't shake the feeling I was still in dream sleep all afternoon and predictably fell asleep again when I got home. Fortunately the cubs are happy to make nachos for themselves for dinner when I'm useless.

A not work-safe link from Thicketty. Playwitch <smirksmirk> Now I know where some of the more interesting HP icons have come from...

No comments: