Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I know I've not been eating enough protein when I start craving bacon.

So, that's the end of the school year, eh? Doesn't feel real...
These last few days have been patchy, and they've flown past.
Yesterday I went along with the school to see a nativity puppet play in the nearby hall. The 'narrator' was a furry brown muppet wombat... thing called Robbie; the angel was properly androgynous (with beautiful plumage); but the best bit was the almost life-size camel with articulated legs and looooong eyelashes. The weirdest bit, however, was Mary's shining uterus. I'm not kidding! The Angel sez 'Oy, you're knocked up!' [paraphrased] and a light went on under her robe. Oookaaay...
There was audience participation as well - Robbie asked the children to hold up the stars they'd decorated to help the 3 kings find their way to Bethlehem... (Yes, most of the kids thought that was lame, too.)
There were some nice touches. A little bit of historical fact thrown in with the legend (myrrh is apparently good for getting rid of intestinal worms) and when Joseph and Mary 'decided to name the child Jesus' it was mentioned that they also quite liked Brian. <g>
The whole thing was cute and the different types of puppets were well done but it felt a little rushed and unfinished. With a bit more work, a bit more polish it could be quite good.

At the final school assembly today we had a reprise of grade 1/2T's 'Shake your tail feather' and we said goodbye to some of the staff, including 2 of the cubs' teachers. That was a little sad, admittedly, but then it was all over and we could go home.
I'm not sure when the next year starts - end of January? 'spose I'd better find out.

I've spent a lot of time standing around waiting for buses this year and I've noticed something. Most of the cars on the road are grey or silver. Next most popular colour seems to be white but a lot of those are utes or transit vans. Reds come next, followed by blues, blacks and greens with yellow being the least popular. Of course, this is only what I've observed in my area, there could very well be a nexus of favoured yellow vehicles elsewhere.

I don't often remember physical sensations in my dreams but I did last night. In a couple of instances I was standing at the door of a room then took a few steps inside and noticed a lovely drop in temperature. However, that could have been because it was hot last night and my window was open to catch the breeze.

(<sigh> And KittenKong has just demonstrated her displeasure with my ignoring her calls for food by trying to climb the xmas tree. Again. Tch, talk about attention seeking behaviour from the children.)

Chapter 32 is almost finished (woohoo!).
And Joules is toying with the idea of a third installment of her Cyber City Oedo 808 AU. Hee. : )
My Snupin's just about ready to post and I've been thinking about a SS/LM for Joules (no promises, though). Following the nomenclature of Snarry and Snupin, would that be a Snucious?

And finally, if a lycanthrope is a were-wolf, would a wolf-skin coat be a wear-creature...?

No comments: