Sunday, July 25, 2004

<sigh> Next time I want to defrag the drive, please remind me to disable the screen saver first...
I can't remember the last time this 'puter was defragged - could be years, literally - so I thought, OK, I'll do that! <rolls eyes> Set it up before I went to bed and it was still going several hours later when I woke. Now, I'm not sure if that's standard for a 1 gig hard-drive or if my 'puter was just being extra methodical, but the screen-saver had of course activated in the meantime and I'd forgotten that touching anything on the keyboard during a defrag will bump it back to the beginning...
So, the drive's at least mostly defragged - I'll set it up again tonight without the screensaver.

Awwww! Yesterday my cubs set about alphabetising the DVDs, of their own volition. As a Library Technician in training I thought that was just adorable...  : ) They got them all in the right places as well within the broad 'letter' categories, and with a little help ("'Sea Symphony' would come before 'Seven Samurai' because...?") they managed to get everything in correct alphabetical order. I love that sudden light they get in their eyes when they've figured something out. <g>

No comments: