Saturday, July 10, 2004

You know what I'm going to enjoy most when the cubs are back at school? Being able to walk in a straight line and not have to check my stride every few paces. The cubs will cut in front of me when we're walking, it's very annoying. And while I love the fact they like to be close to me, being pushed off course - so to speak - by a little body bumping into you can be aggravating. :)

Took the cubs to ScienceWorks yesterday for the last day of holidays (weekends don't count). You know it's a bad sign when you arrive somewhere a few minutes after it's opened and already the carpark is full and the entry line stretches out to the street...
Wasn't too bad though, the place is so big that even when it's teeming with people you don't feel crowded. Heh, except for the gift-shop – the smallest space on the property. Tch.
There was a new, fun exhibition there – about toys, how they work, the science behind them. <g> The best bit for me was seeing loads of old stuff I remembered, the best bit for the cubs was seeing some Thomas the Tank Engine pieces in a display about magnets. <shakes head> I don't think they're ever really going to get over Thomas...

Eeeep! <biting nails> I know what's coming in the AC but 'One', Joules' latest chapter, still had me wetting myself!
(And there's a lovely, lemony follow-up to 'Muse' posted at the 808 community. A Joules/Lutra joint story, though I can't claim credit for any of the lemon. <g> You have to be a member to see it.)

<sigh> I know I find fuss-arsing about with fiddly little bits of stuff inexplicably satisfying but I wonder sometimes.
I've loved the tumbling blocks pattern for years and I've decided, finally, I'd like to make a quilt or wall-hanging based on it. Do you have any idea how many individual diamond pieces it's going to take? On the plus side, though, it's another paper-piecing type so I don't have to fret about being obsessively accurate with measuring. <g> Now that's my type of sewing!

No comments: