Thursday, July 08, 2004

(nicked from Thorne's blog:)

Xuan Wu ~ Turtle
You are Xuan Wu!

Mythological background: Because the turtle has a
thick, solid shell that serves as protection -
this animal is associated with stability. You
enjoy intellectual pursuits.
Also, in Feng Shui (the Chinese myths behind
choosing a house), the black turtle's solidity
is used to protect from cold northern winds.


Which Chinese Mythological Being Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


Woohoo! Turtles are cool! Look at the Tidja Midja Nidja! :)

Niki got herself a new gardening toy and asked if she could come 'round and prune my roses. <g> I've had to admit defeat where the garden's concerned. First, I've lost interest in this one and second, I'm an indifferent gardener at best. So I happily agreed and she and Soulsis came around today to play in my garden for a little while. Niki likes pruning, it shows, the roses are very neat now...
Soulsis found me some brilliant tat, a purple plastic multi-compartment dips and nibbles party platter, and a decorated piece of glass tube we think is meant to go around a tealight candle. And it's got fishes on it! :) I'm going to have to have lots of parties or something when I get my new place so I can use all this stuff Soulsis finds. <g>

Had an odd dream while I was up at Mum's. In it I saw somebody I haven't spoken to for months. He was dressed, and was carrying himself, to mimic a particular section of society. I mentioned this and he immediately changed his posture and accent and said rather smugly that I was completely wrong. I thought to myself, you swine, you just can't bear to think someone's got your measure. Tch, I'm still annoyed about it.

Hee, finally got to see the first couple of episodes of CCO 808. Half-way through the first one I found myself grumbling that there was only 3 eps. 'k, it's not very pretty and there's something about cyberpunk scenarios that makes my soul curl up and whimper but this worldframe has so much potential! Heh, I'm even warming to Sengoku whereas before I just thought he was a prat. And, nice use of mono-filament, Benten, very impressive. :)
I'm not sure I should've let the cubs watch it, though. They pulled faces at the swearing – which was kind of funny – and squeaked at the gore, and then one of them went off and made cyber-insects out of play-dough and bionicle bits. Hn...

No comments: