Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Got back from my holiday <snort> this afternoon – 4 days with the cubs up at my mother's... It rained off and on the whole time but we still managed to get out and do things and have fun. I've got some more prettypretty material to add to my stash, too. :) Ah, I'm easy to please.
On Sunday we drove out to the Open Range Zoo at Werribee. Only got a little bit lost going there and back (Point Cook is a very pretty little coastal town, by the way). We took the safari bus trip around the site which was kind of neat, but it took an hour and the cubs were getting fractious by the end of it. There isn't as much to see here as at the Melbourne Zoo or Healesville Sanctuary, but it's great if you like rhinos, giraffes, hippos...
It's traditional now for us to take a trip on the Healesville Trolly when we visit mum, but today we almost didn't. Almost. I've now ridden the trolly in blistering heat, howling winds, and proto-hail. <bg> Cold and wet but fun.

When I got back today there was a parcel waiting for me! From Joules! <happysqueak> Some more sachets of turkish-delight flavoured hot chocolate and more pink stuff! Plus a cutie little purple-prismatic pen and a booklet of English recipes. Mmmm... suet... <watch Lutra drool>. Heh, speaking of drooling, Joules also sent me a copy of the Cyber City Oedo 808 video! <bouncebouncebounce> I put it on as soon as I'd ripped the parcel open, just to see if the tape would play, you understand... What's that crime where you kill your children? Infanticide? Well anyway, stopped playing the tape before I committed infanticide. What was I expecting, really, trying to watch something enthralling in the middle of the afternoon when the cubs were in the same room? Tch. I'll never learn.
Hee, didn't get more than a minute or so in but - <checking the vicinity for ubersemes> - that first glimpse of Benten stretching, in silhouette, is intriguing...


[<a flurry of soft, white feathers, accompanied by a happy squeak, and the Zasshu disappears beneath the mound of furs...]

No comments: