Sunday, July 11, 2004

Egad, I've made a clean spot in the garage!
Those plastic storage boxes I hold so dear are on special at the supermarket again. I picked up four of them and sorted out a few more of the tatty old cardboard boxes.
If, as I hope, I can afford to start looking for a new place in October, that only gives me about 14 weeks to get things ready. Eeep! As it stands I might not be able to move until next year anyway but the sooner I'm ready, ie: packed and organised, the less traumatic the whole thing will be. I really do need to put some serious effort into the garden, though. I want that to be up to scratch when I move then I can leave here with a clear conscience. Perhaps it's time to dangle the bait of food and drink and arrange a couple of working-bees in the meantime? <g>

I've decided I'm not going to renew our Museum membership this year. The price has been reduced but under the normal pricing policy the cubs and I can get into the main venues for free anyway. Also the powers that be have altered the membership benefits and now you can only get into the Planetarium for free once a year. <rude noise> Eh, we can get a discount for that and it's not like we're there every week.

Oooh! The Open Range Zoo we visited a week ago has 'slumber parties' in the summer! With a barbecue and 'activities' and sleeping in a tent to the roar of the lions. Wouldn't that be cool? It'd be expensive, I'm certain, but I could save up and treat myself.

Heh, my cubs aren't identical – one of them mumbles, the other declaims...

Had to share this. It was written by Ghastly from Ghastly's Ghastly Comic.
He says on his page: "This is my "Freddy No Goth" poem, which was my take on what otaku-goth poetry written by Freddy would be." (Freddy is a genki s/he-male who looks like James from Pokemon and speaks an incomprehensible form of Otaku Japanglish. Ghastly says it hurts his brain devising Freddy's dialogue... :)

Freddy No Goth - by Ghastly.

Baka baka bleak dispair
Neko neko everywhere.
Darkness fills the world with wai
Heart of pain is so kawaii.
Soul of anguish on chibi wings
Genki genki evil things.
Tormented heart oh so sugoi
Crushed beneath the dark yaoi.
Neko neko everywhere
Baka baka bleak dispair.

Oh gods... <rolling around laughing> The 'genki genki evil things' line gets me everytime. It conjures images of hyper balls of pink fluff with wings and fangs and chibi eyes. I have to work them into 'Elga' somewhere...

Heh, finished my next AC today. It came together relatively easily, unlike the past several which were like pulling teeth. I think back to the 15 page chapters I used to do and wonder what I wrote to fill the space? I don't remember waffling... :)
What's next? A Dystopia, I think and <sigh> 'Cathouse Ellis' is still this close >< to being finished.

Cubs are back to school tomorrow! <happy dance>

No comments: