Saturday, July 24, 2004

Tch, another 6 weeks and we should start seeing xmas decorations for sale...

Niki and Soulsis came 'round yesterday to help me with the garden again! Soulsis had fun with secateurs and the front hedges while Niki got stuck into the overgrown garden beds. We've put newspapers down over the bare spots to hopefully deter the bloody couch grass. Soon as I can there'll be mulch and actual non-weed plants added to the beds as well. Penny came 'round as well for a little while and contributed a couple of plastic bags worth of excess plants from her garden including native irises and african daisies. <g> 's good, the garden's actually beginning to look like someone gives a damn.

I got some presents as well (I have the best friends! : ). Niki gave me a pretty glass plate embossed with a grape pattern, and in the box Soulsis turned up with were some yummy sherbert cones, a packet of ginger chews (drool), an old microscope and slides for the cubs and... <pause for effect> a fabulous snowdome – it's got a fish in it! <happy squeak> That was actually from my niece. <g> Soulsis is training her chicks as to my tastes in tat. Oh, can't forget to mention the pretty little bamboo box decorated with fishies (also from 'Becca) and the drawing she did of Rufus, the naked molerat from Kim Possible. : )

Finished the latest Dystopia chapter, 'Backtrack, that'll be posted soon, (thanks, Joules : ) . Now I've forgotten what I was going to do next. I'd started on something to be included in the sequel to Joules' 808 bandfic but there's no hurry for that I guess. Hm, getting Ellis out of the way wouldn't be a bad thing either...

No comments: