Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Hee, 8 quilt strips joined! Or rather, 2 lots of 4 joined. :) Then another set of 4, then a set of 3, then I can join them all together. Weee!

Another interesting dream recently. I was contacted telepathically by a spaceship, the last of it's kind. It/we had to go somewhere but first I had to get it spaceworthy, an interesting task considering the thing was being used as decoration in the middle of a busy shopping mall. But anyway we got it launched one night, my self, my cubs and my undefined partner (male, brunette, obviously very important). As we were slowly (very slowly, this was a piece of old-tech) pulling away from the earth the ship told me to look out of the porthole at a spot where the atmosphere bulged, somehow, to act as a magnifying glass. A group of stars came into focus and the ship indicated one of them, telling me that this was were we were heading. : ) Can't remember if we got there or not.

I can't take credit for this line, unfortunately.
"Mecha anime is pro-wrestling for geeks...
<rolling around laughing> It's so true! Most of my early exposure to anime was mecha based, courtesy of the geeks I role-played with. Didn't think a lot of the shoot-em-ups back then, or now for that matter, but I've seen a little bit of Escaflowne and that looks kind of interesting. Except for the lead female... Will someone just shut her up! I'm thinking ball-gag, restraints and a blacked-out room would serve...

It was taking me ages to untie the cubs' shoelaces this morning and I couldn't work out what why. And then I remembered that their father is a south-paw, he tied their shoes yesterday so the knots were all backwards for me. Tch.
(D'oh! Forgot that teaching the cubs to tie their own shoes was something we were sposed to be doing over the holidays. Oh well.)

Enroled for one more subject this year – today was the first class. Bibliographic Control, by definition a pedantic, exacting subject concerning the intricacies, rules and regulations of cataloging. <groan> I fully expect my brain will be hurting again before long, though the lecturer is very good, clear and concise in her explanations. I'll need to keep on the ball with this subject, it's one where it'll be too easy to lose points on the exam from careless mistakes.

Heh, begun the next Dystopia chapter – a continuation of Angel's arc, and have mapped out a couple of others as well. Also my next AC is finally coming together in my head. Joules has said she's going to start nagging me about Dancing again once GoodTwin has left her place. Okay so that's what, 14 days to faff about before I have to get back to work? <g>
Oh, and GoodTwin, in case I don't get round to actually emailing you specifically (lazy/distracted cow that I can be) - I really enjoyed 'Family Business', thank you! It got very exciting towards the end there. : )

Ah, the continuing saga of the stove...
The owner's wife appeared on our doorstop a few weeks ago with a new element to replace the one that futzed. It didn't fit. She went away and we heard no more until last night when, with no warning, the owner came 'round with another element. This one also didn't fit and he discovered the connection was full of molten something. He also hadn't understood that previously when we'd said 'nothing on the stove works', that nothing on the stove works. He'd got the impression it was just the element. <sigh> So anyway, he's gone off to see if he can find a replacement part for the connection and if that doesn't work then we might get a new stove...

Dragged myself after the cubs this afternoon to our local shopping suburb, cos I'd promised they could go and have a look at the Transformer toys.
Squeee! In the same aisle – new Dragon Ball goodies! Squee! Poseable figures of Shenron! The green one from DBZ and the red one from the original DB! Plus some reeeaaaally cute chibi figurines of some of the characters! <fuge grin> I've got a green Shenron and a SS4 Vegeta chibi on lay-by...

And an addendum to the stove saga...
The owner showed up tonight, to hand over all the bits he'd garnered and – wonder of wonders – tell me he'll be calling in a technician to see to the problem. <sigh> Hopefully things will move a little more quickly now.

No comments: