Friday, February 04, 2005

All this walking might be doing my cardio-vascular fitness a power of good but it's grinding my ankles to dust. Whinge, moan, complain. <g> I'll shut up now.

Cor, we've been having some weather lately! Record-breaking stuff apparently. The most rain ever in a 24, or 48 hour period, coldest February day ever, and at the height of it the State Emergency Service fielded the most amount of calls for help ever. Gods, I love Melbourne. : )
The cubs saw their first blown-over trees on the way to school yesterday as well, that was exciting, one had come down over the pavement. I walked around the obstruction, my cubs... crawled through it. <rolls eyes>

KittenKong is a good indicator of how cold a night has been. If it was hot she's stretched out on the floor by my bed, if it wasn't hot she's on the bed, but if it was cold she's curled up right next to me. That's just one of the reasons I like Winter, my cat gets cuddly.

I've been shown how to use the school's new library computer catalogue. It's easy peasy, a lot less labour intensive than the old system. Good, now I can get back to helping with the library work. Not that the school has a library yet, not until the new building's finished, but there's boxes and boxes of books that need to be catalogued. <happy sigh> Felt at a loss last year not working in the library, I'm looking forward to getting stuck back in.

<g> Started one of the Dystopia winding-up chapters... this is going to be fun...

No comments: