Sunday, February 20, 2005

Ooops...
The cubs' father has a naginata demonstration today. He washed his - white - gi last night and hung it up to dry on the clothes horse, right next to the trousers I'd tie-dyed purple yesterday.
It's only a small spot but it's noticeable.
Tch, I refuse to feel guilty about it. If you're wanting to keep something spotless you make sure that while it's damp it's not in contact with anything coloured, right?

Heh, well I got as far as laying out (or trying to) the various layers of the first quilt. Had a panicy moment when it looked like I'd miscaluculated somewhere and didn't have enough of the backing, but it was fine I'd simply made the borders too big. Eh, can trim those later.
I think I am going to have to go to my Mum's and get her help with this though. She has a lovely big fold-out table; be easier to work on that rather than messing about on the floor.
And I've begun sewing together the individual strips of the hexagon quilt. Right up until I started combining the strips I wasn't really sure about the colours - I thought they'd work - but now I know they will work. This is going to be another bright and colourful quilt! Hee.

I've more or less stopped working on the first novel, 'Dancing. I was becoming very shy and hesitant about anyone seeing it - it's very personal in an abstract sort of way - so I'm leaving it for the moment and working on something else. : )

No comments: