Thursday, February 10, 2005

This came from Onna's blog:

Think about what cities or towns you've lived in (not just visited) in your life, and post them in your journal:

Do suburbs count as towns? Cos aside from the place in Hertfordshire - that I can never remember the name of and anyway left when I was 6 - I've only lived in Melbourne. Mind you, it's been a few places in Melbourne.
Let's see:
Pascoe Vale (in the North, to my shame)
Campbellfield (ditto)
Windsor (trendy South-Eastern. yeah!)
South Yarra (ditto)
Box Hill (solid Eastern suburb)
Elwood (trendy beachside suburb. yeah!)
Hawthorn (older, trendyish Eastern suburb)
Glen Iris (expensive Eastern)
Camberwell (ditto)
Box Hill (different area than previously)
Ashburton (not quite so upmarket Sth Eastern)
East Malvern ('posh' suburb)
Ashwood (becoming expensive SE suburb)

Well, there you go.


"Vo morket rei."
That's the phrase given to me (in my napping dream this afternoon) by a friend (Alarice, I think). It was like a password, so I could recognize the aliens that would be visiting soon, and so they could recognize me as one of the 'forewarned'...

Oh pooh. <grump> No matter how I try to wangle it I simply can't afford to buy myself a dvd this week. Oh well, perhaps next week.
And I had a quick look for vcrs this afternoon. They're quite cheap now but it doesn't look like the 'long-play' function is a standard anymore. Eh, I'm sure there's at least one model available somewhere, and it's not like those tapes GoodTwin sent me a couple of years ago can't wait just a bit longer to be watched. <g>

No comments: