Thursday, February 17, 2005

Lessons I have learnt #9:

If you're patient, sooner or later all that you desire will be marked down... : )
To whit (to whoo!) I found a music CD that I've wanted for a year has been reduced by 50%. Happy Lutra.

This is annoying. This link used to go to the Van Von Hunter comic but now it doesn't. Momentary glitch? Perhaps not. The first volume of a manga version has just been released. Removing the 'net-version might have been a condition of publication. Pooh.

I've noticed in some areas of fandom 'sporking' refers to the practise of taking the mick out of bad fics, kind of like MST-ing where the sporker inserts their own, usually acidic, comments into the text.
I prefer our version of sporking: to gently prod someone into action, by nagging and/or the judicious application of prawns. : )

The Sex-Workers Collective over here has come up with a novel fund-raising idea. On a particular day soon, participating brothels will donate a percentage of their take to the Tsunami aid appeal, specifically to help the sex-workers in the countries affected. Apparently they'll be giving their clients little badges (sort of like the red noses, I guess) so they can proudly show evidence of their contribution to the cause. The badges carry slogans, one of which is 'Tsunami Sex Appeal: I gave a f*ck.' <smirk>

The more I read about Faramir the more I like him. (*hearts Faramir* <g> Sorry, that was unforgivably fan-girly. Hee.)
And speaking of fan-girly, I picked up a copy of the Cardcaptors board-game for $6! I do have a soft spot for the show. Magical girl! Wheeee! Sakura is so cute! <squinch>

No comments: