Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It's wet again. Not cold and windy as well, this time, just wet. If I didn't know better I'd say we'd hit Autumn early. But I do know better – I know that there'll more hothothot days before the Summer's done with us.

One of my cubs came into me at 5.30 this morning after a nightmare – been ages since either of them have done that but then again it's been ages since there's been clear enough space on my bed for someone other than myself. (KittenKong doesn't count, she'll happily sleep on top of the rubbish : )
Interesting dream, though. He and his brother were sitting in the back of a big rubber bus. He was looking out of the window enjoying the view but his brother told him to stop looking there and look where he wanted him to. He ignored his brother, who then pushed him out of the bus and the dream turned into a 'falling' nightmare. Oh dear. But he went back to sleep easily enough after he cuddled up to me.

Decisions, decisions.
In Melbourne this coming Sunday is both the Chinese New Year Dragon Parade and the Midsumma carnival. Both should be lots of fun, could probly spend a bit of time at each though the cubs' father said he wouldn't mind taking them to the Chinese thing, that would leave me free to frolic down by the Yarra with Aaronpoohs and friends. (Tch, what am I saying? I'll most likely end up being the only parent awake anyway... Cynical? No, just years of experience...)
(By the way, Melbourne's dragon is Dai Loong. Fantastic creature. I was at the 'waking up' ceremony one year and I almost wet myself. There was an effing dragon and it was waking up! Fortunately he's a friendly, protective dragon, but the energy generated by the event made my hair stand on end. <g> )

And on to the next Dystopia chapter...

No comments: