Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I think The Bill's jumped the shark a bit. I'm only watching now from habit, not from any enjoyment or actual empathy for any of the characters...

Well, that was an adrenalin-fueled morning! Woke up 20 mins before we were due to catch the bus. We made it though. : ) Very proud of ourselves. Very interesting dreams last night, however. In the first I was being hunted through the suburban streets by a big, slow-moving machine. It wasn't going to do anything evil to me, just something gross and embarrassing (I think The Man Show was involved. <shudder> ). I was trying to hide but its operators noticed me because I was trying to hide.
The other dream was just icky and I'm still trying to sort through that one. There was images in there that'll haunt me for a while.

One of the most annoying things about not having a car is that the weekly shopping - instead of being over with in one day - now takes all week as I have to get it home bit by bit in my backpack and bags. Yes, I could do it all at once and get it delivered but I've always taken a perverse sort of pride in doing things on my own.

Uh oh. Soulsis is discovering the pitfalls of eBay.
I did warn her, and to be fair she's doing better than I did in my first few weeks. (Plus she's won some really cute fishie beads for me! : )

Penny asked me the other day how I managed to get so much sewing done - she's only completed a couple of small squares while I'm half-way through the 2nd quilt.
I grinned and said it was because aside from writing I didn't do anything else!
Housework?
Nah...

Stress is the result of an imbalance between what you want to do, what you are doing, and what you think you should be doing.
Trés profound, n'est ce pas?

Heh. So. Dystopia is winding up and we've already got the next potential project muttering quietly to itself.
It's nice to have something to look forward to, isn't it? <g>
Joules' has posted a teaser snippet on her blog. It's titled 'Study in Bronze'.
Now, I'm intrigued!

No comments: