Monday, February 28, 2005

Forgot to mention that Soulsis also gave me some lovely roses from her garden (which she rescued from a horse) and a book on Elizabethan poetry. Very interesting style of writing, very rich and descriptive. Can see where the Victorians got at least some of their inspiration for their 'prose'...

I've trained the cubs to use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE as their internet browser - only they quite unintentionally call it mozarella. <giggling>
Tonight they sat down with me and we looked through some of my old family photos. They picked up the family resemblances between their cousins, my brother, myself and our parents. And they were astonished at how blonde I was when I was little. <g>

Woohoo! Finally worked up enough reward points through AC Nielsen's online surveys to get something useful - a blender! It's taken ages, but then I haven't particpated in every survey they tossed at me. Heh. Might aim for a digital camera next time. Or donate my points to a charity.

Well, looky here. The Van Von Hunter comic site is back, with several updates, too. Well spotted, Joules. : )

And news just in:
... Bloody cat!
I heard her yowling but wasn't quick enough to relieve her of her catch before she darted into my room.
Now I have a live - possibly half-dead - mouse (or young rat, oh joy) hiding under my wardrobe.
Fine, whatever, as long as it doesn't a: die there, or b: crawl over me while trying to find its way out of the room. Tch...

Finally finished the LotR trilogy. I left off reading the last chapter until I was at home cos I knew I'd cry. <g> And I did.
Debated ploughing through the appendixes in the back. Almost decided not to but I started reading one and despite the dryness of the writing got sucked in to the story.
Lots of potential there in the history of Middle Earth...

No comments: