Friday, August 26, 2005

Apples float but pears - beurre boscs at least - don't. Why is that so?

The cubs both managed to hand in their school projects on time this term, with minimal help from me. There was a question on the project sheet about why they chose the product they did (had to design a healthy product and make an ad for it) and the S cub's answer to that almost made me splurt my tea through my nose!
"I don't know why I did it it. Don't ask me 'why did' stuff - look at the ad!"
Don't ask tricky questions, go look at the shiny! <rolling around laughing> Both the cubs hate being questioned; is that a Leo or Cancer trait? I dunno, makes for some amusing moments, though.

The Meccano Geeks are having their annual exhibition as usual in October. Alas <hand to forehead> without a vehicle 'twill be deuced tricky to attend. And no, I prithee, Soulsis, please do not trouble yourself to offer us transportation to the event.
No really, I mean it - please don't trouble yourself.

I'm fed up with this weird-arse backward's flu I seem to have caught. Usually these things start in my head and work downwards but this one started in my chest and worked up. <grump> I just want my nose to stop running. I want to stop sneezing and I'd like my senses of taste and smell back, thanks ever so much. You know it's bad when all you can taste of a garlic kiev is salt. There's almost no point eating at the moment which sucks cos I'm ravenous.

Okay, that's my whinging quota for this quarter.

Soulsis sent me her own version of the A-Z meme and with permission I've quoted part of it here:
W - worst habit:... organizing books in order of height LOL.
There's a story behind that. <g> Back in the misty past, when Soulsis and her then-husband (my brother) were sharing a house with the cubs' father and I - Soulsis was pregnant and nesting. I came home depressed and cranky as usual from the mind-numbing job I was enduring at the time to find all my books had been rearranged by height. Could've bloody killed her! I had everything grouped in subjects - I could walk into the room and put my hand on the book I wanted with no effort - but now I had to first try and remember what size the bloody book was.
<smirk> I have forgiven Soulsis but she's been warned that when I finally have my books inside with me if she even thinks about 'helping' with the organisation of my wee library there will be consequences. <nods> We have an understanding, oh yes we do... : )

No comments: