Monday, August 15, 2005

<rolling around laughing>
The Smart Bitches/Trashy Novels site is one of my favorites but today's post had me howling with laughter. The Bitches frequently review Romance book covers - to great hilarity - and this lot, Gay Man-titty, was no exception. <wiping eyes> Oh gods, there's some crap book covers out there. And you thought Fabio made you snigger...?

One of the cubs was home sick again today, poor wee thing. He woke up feeling feverish and lethargic and spent most of the day asleep on the couch. I think it's a hangover from last week's chest infection but we'll see how he goes. He's barely eaten anything all day but he was much chirpier this evening.

Made myself giggle a few days ago. I glimpsed something in the recycling bin that I thought said 'custard kills'. 'twas indeed a custard box but the word I was misreading, or partially reading, was vanilla... A perfectly natural mistake I'm sure.
I can't look at one of these packets now without giggling.

Dangit, the zip on my backpack has finally failed. It's been dodgy for a while. I'm going to have to get a new bag very soon, it's the only way to get the heavy groceries home. Ah well, I've had it for <thinking> 3 years? - yes, 3, I bought it for my trip to the Blue Mountains in 2002 - and it's had some very heavy use this past year.
I had a quick look at some 'packs in K'mart and Target today but didn't like them very much. There was another purple/black one which while I liked the colours, it's square rather than rounded top offended my sensibilities. Fussy? Me? They were all so expensive, too. I'll have a look in the op-shop tomorrow - even if I don't find the perfect colour at least the bag will be cheap.

Mmmm... cherry wine with soda water. Lovely.

Chapter 17 is really truly finished now. Yay! On to 18...

No comments: