Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Odd sort of day. The poorly cub is still poorly, though a little better than yesterday. He stayed on the couch all day again but was awake for most it this time. His brother stayed home as well. There was nothing wrong with him, but as I woke up at about the time we would've had to leave to catch the bus, and then couldn't summon the enthusiasm to get him to school at best an hour late he had the day off as well. There were no complaints, however.

Joules found this snark of Troy - the movie. <beg> Wickedly funny. It came from the site History_spork which promises lots of goodies. Apparently there's a KoH snark there as well but I'm not sure I want to look at that given how much I luuuuurve the movie. <g>

I've been snared by a bad HPfic. 63 chapters so far and I've read them all, gods help me. It's odd, isn't it, how while you're immersed in something it can seem quite reasonable and it's not until you try and explain it to someone else you realise how stupid it is. Why did I read so much? By the time I'd realised how silly it was I was over half-way through so I figured I might as well read the rest. And - I'm filter-feeding, as it were. Lots of content with the occasional good idea/notion to sift out and ingest.
Author's notes can be interesting to read though - strange how many fanfic writers appear to be on medication.

Oh and, hee, this is something else Joules found. A Notice to fanfic writers from Prof. Severus Snape. <chortling> Ah me, spellcheck that most useful of muggle inventions... Get it? Spellcheck?

No comments: