Sunday, August 21, 2005

Honestly, the things you find in fanfiction.
I was reading some Snapefic last night when this impacted with my brain.
"She must have been starkers to let the Ministry do that!"
Pardon? I stared at it stupidly for a moment then fell about laughing. I think the author was using 'starkers' as a contraction of 'stark raving mad'. This is even funnier than using 'nutters' as a verb! <wiping eyes> Oh dear, oh dear.
I've left a note about it in the review section - curious to see what the author has to say...

Interesting dream last night. I was looking at houses - with a view to moving - specifically at a row of new terrace-style dwellings somewhere out of town. I think the cubs' father was there, or someone else who's opinion I had to take into consideration. There were five of these houses, very narrow though two-storied. There were no boundary fences between them, and the tiny back gardens all ran together in an identical swathe of neat, water-logged grass. I remembered wondering if the area was held in common with the other houses and if I'd be allowed to dig in flower beds or make a vegetable garden. I was inspecting the house at the end of the row and was moderately impressed, though that could have been because it was empty and clean (which is the exact opposite of my house!) I didn't seriously consider taking it though, it was very small and only cheap because it was so far away from Melbourne. And besides, I didn't want to live wall-to-wall with someone, not when I doubted the thickness of those walls.

Chapter 18's nearly done. : ) I really must spend some time sorting out the differences in planetary rotations, going to get awkward otherwise. Tch, I'm a lazy cow, what possessed me to write something set in system with more than one settled planet? Just making more work for myself!

No comments: