Saturday, August 13, 2005

Is creative writing a right or left-brain activity? Language is sposed to be left-brain isn't it, but getting into the 'flow' of creation feels right-brain.

Had a busy day today. Woke up late but managed to get the cubs fed and organised and out the door within the half an hour we had before we missed the bus (they started back at school yesterday). Did some bill-paying and shopping then went home to dump that lot off before going back out to do something else and noticed one of the cubs had forgot his lunchbox. <muttergrumble> Got back on the bus to go back to school - the opposite direction to where I wanted to go - and got the lunch box to starving cub just as recess started. While I was there I decided to hand over some money to the secretary but while waiting for her I obviously stood still too long and the principal nabbed me, wondering if she could 'ask a huge favour'? <sigh> It wasn't an enormous stack of items I needed to catalogue but they were all atypical so had to be input manually rather than conveniently downloading all the details from a website.
Finished that then bolted, calculating I'd be able to do the other stuff and still get back to the school in time to pick the cubs up at hometime. Got back on the bus to go to Box Hill, zoomed around there in record time then went back the other way to meet the cubs. Tch, lots of walking today, my feet hurt, but I've done all the boring things I had to do and can now go skipping merrily along without a care in the world until the next lot needs to be dealt with. Heh.

Soulsis had an audition tonight for volunteer performers in the closing ceremony of next year's Commonwealth Games. She was jumping with nerves beforehand but it all went well by the sound of it. Be good if she gets a call-back - I'll happily look after the bratlings again.

Alarice came 'round for a visit tonight as well. I've leant her what I've got of Wolf's Rain.
Lutra, purveyor of quality anime. Hee.

Chapter 17 is finished!
And I still haven't quite managed to finish with the lemon. Tch, talk about stringing it out...

(Oh, and sorry, Mags, I didn't find your comment about the Nerd Quiz until I archived July's posts.
Same score as me but without googling? I'd say that makes you more of a real nerd cos nerds know stuff, they don't need to google. : )

No comments: