Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Yay! Chapter 18's finished and I've started 19. And I've cracked the 90K words! Woohoo! <happydance>
Writing smut is like cooking a roast dinner - takes longer to prepare than consume. Tch.

Snape was striding about dramatically in my dream last night. I blame Jayde <poke>. Can't remember anything else though.
I do remember my dream from the night before last. A young woman stopped and asked me if I knew how to get to a particular street. I knew the street existed but I couldn't remember how to get there and the street-directory was confusing. I asked Niki (who was one of my housemates) if she could help and she immediately left off arranging a gorgeous display of very classy Xmas decorations (for a magazine spread) and drew a map. :)
So? What was that all about, eh? I'm hazarding a guess it'll have something to do with not being afraid to ask for help if I can't do something myself. Heh, or specifically ask Niki cos she's good like that. <g>

I still haven't finished the 'Years of Rice and Salt' novel. It's very hard going, the characters have lived and struggled and died so often I'm getting as weary reading about it as they're becoming living it!

Discovered this on OkapiPrincess' lj. <giggling> You knit what??.

I don't like being ill it makes me cranky, and sometimes the cubs bear the brunt. Of course, it doesn't help when they do aggravating things. Walking away from school this afternoon I didn't notice a cub didn't have his school bag until we'd almost reached the bus stop to go home. I swore, I pouted and growled and stamped my foot. Why? Though it's only a 10 minute walk I felt like I had bricks in my lungs and the prospect of walking there and back again was enough to make me cry. The cub was contrite but he really wanted to get his bag - and I wasn't going to let him walk all that way on his own - so back we trudged. Gah. By the time he'd found his bag I'd calmed down and we were all friends again.
Oh well, it'll give them something to tell their therapists when they're older.

Here's another link, supplied by Gibbon (or Uncle Monster as he's known here :) 400 Things Mr. Welch can no longer do in an RPG Might not make a lot of sense to people who've never roleplayed but I was cacking myself!
"57. In the middle of a black op I cannot ask a guard to validate parking.
59. Not allowed to pose the Netrunner in embarrassing positions when he's on a run.
89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
106. I do not have weapon proficiency in cat." etc.

Oh dear, good times, good times...

I was idly thinking yesterday that I'd been working on SFSG exclusively since March and it might be nice to at least think of starting something else to keep my brain fresh. Glanced through my 'Ideas' folder - you know, just on the offchance - and got [pinged] quite solidly. Hm, I'll need to research Opera and Architects unless I want to make it patently obvious I don't have a clue. <g> Eh, it can wait, I've made some notes anyway and SFSG is chuffing along quite nicely. That takes priority.

No comments: