Wednesday, August 10, 2005

... I've gone blank...
No, no, I remember what I was going to mention! (Tch, brain-fluff.)

The cubs have been home sick the past couple of days. Poor wee things finally came down with the cold their father and I suffered through. It hit the S cub harder than the M but they're both on the mend now - they should be able to go to school tomorrow. (Yay!)

Chapter 17 is tootling along, finally. Heh, finding new and interesting euphemisms for genitalia kept me occupied for at least an hour. This site was helpful. <g>

... I'm sure I had something else to say. Eh...

Oh, a dream, yes. I was at a beach resort somewhere with a couple of friends. I was trying to take a photo of a fascinating tree thing that turned into a floating birdhouse - the birds themselves could move it about - but I couldn't quite get the right angle, and it was moving out of shot too quickly and I only had one or two shots left anyway and wasn't sure if I should hang on to them, just in case. The frustration of that situation was countered though by being caught out in the ocean (somehow - moments before I'd been watching the surfers struggle with the massive tangles of seaweed that were being dragged into the shallows) with the tide swelling in quickly enough to be alarming. But, as my friends frantically splashed to shore I was carried in on the crest of the swell (it was very high!) and deposited gently on the beach. How cool is that? I only got my feet wet. : )
I rarely dream about flying, or being in the air, but often there's water. A lot of the time the water's in the form of floods and tides, or just being where it's not supposed to be, but even when it's not being especially helpful it's not actually threatening me. Interesting, eh?

No comments: