Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Forecast: 14-22
Attained: 16-22


I donate blood very occasionally - the last time I managed it was in 2007. Today I actually made it in to the centre for an appointment only to discover that my blood iron was too low so I couldn't donate.
[grump]
On the plus side, my iron level has risen from the not-quite-anaemic point where it was languishing several months ago to somewhere-at-the-lower-end-of-normal. The supplements and change of diet has worked, just not well enough to enable me to donate yet. Ah, well.
I'm barred from donating for six months so it looks like more 'steak and cabbage' (thank you, Joules!) in the meantime.

~=o>


I was quite happy to stay home yesterday and avoid the mania of the Boxing Day Sales. Last year was lesson enough! The cubs and I were going up to see Soulsis et al so I thought I'd pop out nice and early and pick up some sushi for her... [eyebrow] Took me 20 minutes to get in to one of the carparks, only to realise there was no way I was going to get a park there or anywhere else, then another 20 minutes to get away from the place! [shudder]
Anyway, quieter today so I nipped off to the supermarket hoping to pick up some post-xmas specials.
Pfft. Unlike previous years less than half of the xmas stock had been marked down and only about half again of that had been marked down by 50%. 50c off an item that's $2.50 is not a bargain! Eh, don't really need any of it anyway. :)

~=o>


Hee, I took a pic of VortexCub's hair today, to show him how long it's getting.
He's impressed! So am I.


He usually wears it pulled back in a pony tail. I think he should leave it out more often... :)



No comments: