Monday, December 05, 2011

Forecast: 9-23
Attained: 9-21


Completed the registration transfer for Mum's car this morning. Took longer than I expected - cos I'm an eternal optimist and forgot how long you can spend waiting in government departments - but it was relatively straight forward, and I had all the paperwork needed. Phew.
I haz a car... :)

~=o>


I always read through the local community newsletter, it's nice to know what's going on. This edition however, I've taken issue with. There were a couple of articles/editorials that had pictures of the authors, I assumed, but no by-lines. That niggled, not entirely sure why.
Also in this edition was an announcement that the refurbishment of one of the reserves in the area had been completed. 'Awesome!' quoth I, 'I'd like to pop along and see what's been done...!' The reserve was named but no address was given. [grump] I wondered if the editors thought that everyone who lived in the area would of course know where this park was. To compound matters, some of the details of the design blueprints were displayed in impossibly tiny detail. Even in good light with glasses I could barely read it. Crikey, people, don't try and cram so much in! Less details, or expand the print area!
Am I being too picky with what is essentially a volunteer-run publication...?

~=o>


Crafternoon with Penny! Got stuff done, had yummy sammiches and was also given a couple of tomato plants! Excellent afternoon...

~=o>


Detail of the hand-sized fossilized nautilus shell I found in an op-shop last year.




It's one of my favourite things. The pattern looks like fabric. I spend a lot of time fondling it. :)





No comments: