Sunday, December 11, 2011

Forecast: 16-20
Attained: 15-20


Merry Kweeznaz!
It's tree tiemz!

My lubly fibre-optic tree, before decorating.


A selection of shinies. I didn't use all of them.


The aforementioned tree after decorating...


... and with the lights on!



Details:
The beautiful dancing girls Joules sent me a couple of years ago. The closest things to angels I'll have.
And yes, our tree-topper this year, is another tree. One of the cubs made it at some point in primary school.


Special finds from the Oxfam Shop post-xmas sales year before last. A gorgeous peacock, and one of three embroidered stars. (I think they're s'posed to be snowflakes but as I'm not going to have snowflakes they are stars.)


The kweeznaz slug!


Heh, I've managed to decorate the tree with no reference to either the xtian or santa myths. (Please don't get pernickety with me about the meaning of the tree itself cos I'll likely just throw something at you.)

Conversing with one of the cubs while decorating the tree, we both professed a nostalgia for the Advent Calendars I used to do for them when they were (much) smaller. Might think about reinstating it next year, with grown-up goodies this time. The cubs will be, after all, seventeen.

~=o>


And after dinner I badgered the cubs in to sorting out two more boxes/bags of stuff from their rooms. Progress is being forced on them made. :)

No comments: