Thursday, December 08, 2011

Forecast: 17-30
Attained: 16-32



Big Things. I like Big Things.
I haven't seen that many, alas, but of the ones I have seen I like the Big Merino (Goulburn, NSW) the best.


(And I like Google Maps, too.)
It's been a while years since I've visited Rambo, not since he was moved across the highway.



The move came about to increase Rambo's visibility. When the bypass was built you couldn't see him from the road anymore.

This is the Big Koala at Dadswells Bridge, Victoria.


Road-tripped past him a few times but never stopped in. Sometimes cos we're zooming past in the dead of night and it's closed but sometimes (okay, once) because the person I was travelling with refused to indulge me because we were 'running late already'. Humph.
One day I will get to the Koala, oh yes I will, and the tacky souvenirs will be mine, mine!

*ahem*

This is the Big Watermelon Slice, just down the road - sort of - from me.


Technically it's a Big Thing cos, well, it's big, but I think a Big Thing only really qualifies if it's big enough, or potentially big enough, to walk in to. The Slice is only a couple of metres tall.


Last but not least, I saw a big Ned Kelly in Marysborough, QLD, in 2007.



I pondered the question of Why is there a Big Ned Kelly in Qld?
(Yes, yes, I know you can't 'walk in to' this one but as it's considerably bigger than me it counts.)


I have a list of Big Things around Oz I'd like to see. I'd like to see them before they disappear... :)

No comments: