Friday, July 20, 2012

Forecast: 8-15
Attained: 10-16


Part of the fun of the training day last week was sitting in the upmarket cafe, eating lunch and pigeon-holing - just quietly to myself - the people that came in. Corporate, Legal, IT, student, tourist... :) No idea if I was correct about any of them, of course, I didn't check.
There were however some beautiful suits coming in for their gourmet wraps and vegetarian soups. Tailored, expensive, rich yet understated colours with perfectly accessorised ties and pocket hankies. I was impressed with them.

~=o>


Discovered a couple of not-so-good things about my new shiny. First it chews through the battery like cookie monster through baked goods; second, the music player is too good. Lovely system, beautifully balanced and consequently rubbish for me through headphones. It all sounds tinny and echoey with half the track missing. [sigh]
However, it does sound awesome through speakers, and is way more versatile to lug around the house than the old cd-player.

~=o>


And speaking of hearing issues, in the post today I received notification that I can go in for my op on August 8th. Ye gods, that was quick! My first thought was that that was a bad time to be away from work, what with the new system coming in and the boss going on holiday. However, maybe it's a better time than later, as it'll be before the new system goes live. Will need to discuss with the boss...

~=o>


Thought for the day...


[giggling]
(nicked from here.)




No comments: