Friday, June 11, 2004

And this is the reason why I don't ever want to live somewhere there isn't any public transport...
Tuesday night, after picking the cubs up from school, had to get help jump-starting the car so we could get home. (That's what I was thanking Penny for – she happened along as the cubs and I were treking to the nearest petrol station.) The cubs' father and I thought it was the car battery that was faulty, and after recharging it the car started without a problem. Cubs' father got to and from work a couple of times without incident and then yesterday morning I took the cubs to school in the car then went shopping. When I got back to the car, however, I found it wouldn't start.
I'll skip the bit where I swore and cried, and cutting a long story short I left the car in the carpark and got the bus home. Got the cubs home on public transport as well, after stopping off to optimistically have another go at starting the car. (Well, sometimes it works. You leave something for a while, switch it off, and when you come back the problem's miraculously fixed. :)
So, we got the bus to school today. Not really a problem, just time consuming.

One of my cubs told me this morning he liked it when I bossed him about...
<guilty twitch> Am I setting my child up to be an uke?

Hey. Val, remember that supercool spider/twister painting you did? Remember how I said it'd sparked something? It's only a little something, just an adding flavour scene-within-a-scene sort of thing in the next novel I'm planning. Would it be okay if I used it, properly credited of course? Naturally I'll show that bit to you first, once it's actually written. <g>

I've finally begun a fic I had an idea for waaay back last summer holidays. It was originally intended for Dystopia but ultimately it's got no connection with the main narrative of that at all. It could go in with the other sci-fi/fantasy one-off's... What do you think, Joules?

Gah! I am well and truly stalled on chaper 12 of Dancing. It's really sketchy, patchy, needs a lot of work, and yes, I do believe I'm procrastinating.

Aya! Found a copy of the movie Dogma on special and I treated myself. Can cross that off my wish-list now... :)

(Nicked from various blogs.)

Well, gosh, this is a surprise...


How evil are you?



Yeah, I'd agree with these...

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.
Free Myers-Briggs Word Choice Test
personality tests by similarminds.com




Global Personality Test Results
Sensate (50%) medium which suggests you are moderately empathetic, sensitive, and considerate of others.
Intellectual (56%) moderately high which suggests you tend to be internally motivated, self seeking, and independent.
Assertive (43%) moderately low which suggests you are timid, indirect, and unable to start and/or follow through on things.
Take Free Global Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com

No comments: