Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Threaten to eat it? Heh, if it hasn't hatched after all this time maybe you wouldn't want to eat it? Eeeuuuww...
Has anyone's eggs hatched?

<sigh of relief> And that, I think (unless I fail) is that for the last subject I'm enrolled for. There's a couple of others I can see about signing up for but they don't start for several weeks. Eh, we'll see. :)

We've got school photos this coming friday, which means I have to find and keep clean the least stained/chewed articles of the cubs' uniforms. They really do need new stuff but it's so expensive to kit them out. I baulk at the price of the official uniform pieces and the el-cheapo brandless stuff I use as a substitute has been annoyingly scarce this year.

The piggles' cage has been slowly falling to pieces over the past few months. I obviously tugged too hard when I shifted it to a fresh spot of grass on the weekend cos the back wall of their hutch came away completely! (Damn chipboard.) So there I was with an unsecured hutch and 2 piggles who'd suddenly taken an interest in the gaping hole and potential freedom. Fortunately it wasn't too hard to come up with a solution. The cat's carry-box was in the garage, I took the front grill off of that, pushed it up against the entrance of the hutch (there was a little lip of wood it fitted quite snuggly underneath) and then jammed a brick at the back of it so it couldn't be accidentally pushed out of place. So far so good, the box is plastic and enclosed so the piggles won't suffer from drafts, and it's holding up well enough. I'll need to get a new cage for them soon though, either buy one or ask one of my clever, handy friends if they can make one for me. :)

No comments: