Friday, June 25, 2004

I'm having one of those snivelling 'why am I bothering?' days where I'm feeling flat and unenthusiastic about everything including my abilities. Sorry to say but the thought of having the cubs at home with me for the next 2 weeks isn't filling my heart with joy either. Eh, I'll get over it.

Introduced the cubs to Yu Yu Hakusho and they're loving it. :) Only the first 12 eps are available here at the moment but hopefully the next lot won't be far behind. I think I prefer the dubbed version though, it's funnier. For example, when Kurama ('are you sure he's a boy, Mum?) takes the sword-thrust meant for Yusuke, in the original Japanese he answers the spirit detective's query as to his health with 'I'm a yokai, we don't die so easily.' and in the dub with 'It's just a minor hole in my stomach...'. <g> Guess which one had me rolling around laughing? (Plus, in the Japanese version Kurama is voiced by a woman and that's just aggravating.).
However, also watched some more Excel Saga recently (damn, that girl's perky!) and Ilpallazzo is soooo much sexier with his Japanese voice. :)

Saw something interesting on Catalyst (a newtech science program) last week. A scientist here is working on a way of utilising plastic in steel-making. Currently, coal is used in the process, for its carbon, but plastic also has a high carbon content. If a way can be found to use the plastic safely it could go a long way to reducing the mountains of waste, non-recyclable plastic pouring into the dumps as land-fill.

Joules has asked me if I want to write a particular bit in her next AC cos she doesn't like causing permanent damage to characters. Heh, I'd call her a wuss but she'd probly hit me...

No comments: