Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Glimpsed something really cool in a movie last night - a curtain of leaves. It looked like fake/silk ivy leaves attached to a fine net curtain but I thought wow! I could do that! <g>

I spent a little time yesterday fiddling about with the quilt strips, laying them out and getting them in order ready to sew together. Didn't need too, really, it's sposed to be put together randomly but I'm glad I did. The quilt's made up of 2 different types of strips and I discovered I'd miscalculated a little. Instead of there being 7 of one and 8 of the other, the ratio was 9/6. Oops. Not a problem, just involves a little bit of unpicking and resewing, easily fixed.
Tell you what, it's going to look very... bright when it's all finished. :)
(Oh, I took some photos of the strips. Once they're developed - and if I can get them scanned - I'll put some up here so every one can see exactly what sort of fiddly nonsense I bog myself down with.)

<snigger> On the History Channel at the moment they're showing a little snippety fill-in program about items in the collection of the Australian National War Museum. So far, every thing that's been shown has been either 'souvenired' by Aussie troops or outright stolen! <smirk> Ah, you've gotta admire the Aussie spirit of considering anything not nailed down as fair game...

Hn. Soulsis sent me a link to a writing competition I'm eligible for. Not many details on the site and I can't download/print the entry form. I'll give them a ring. I wonder if there's a particular story rating which is preferable. I assume not multiple X. :)
I think this was a competition I entered after my dad died <counting fingers> six years ago. I almost changed my mind but he'd paid the entry fee for me and I thought it'd be a waste not to accept that last gift.
(I didn't win, by the way, don't think I even placed. But interestingly I've recently been thinking about one of the stories I entered - before Soulsis sent me the link - and wondering if I could rewrite it. Coincidence? No such thing...)

No comments: