Saturday, June 05, 2004

Since being pregnant I've learnt to listen to what my body tells me and right now it's telling me to avoid wheat products. Actually, given the general antipathy I have towards bread and pasta it's probably been telling me this for a while. (Though there are times when hot buttered toast is just perfect, or fresh, crusty bread with soup. Mmmmm... Anyway...) I eat a lot of rice, and quite enjoy rice noodles, so that's not a problem, and I suspect if I bought a corn-based cereal I'd be more inclined to eat breakfast. Heh, and there's always porridge – yummy – though that's more of a weekend thing. :)
Fortunately this doesn't feel like a full-blown intolerance (do you have any idea how many products have wheat in them? It's boggling!), more like a precautionary measure. Eh, will see how we go.

<happy squeak> Joules is writing a KMask/Eskara ficlet! KM is big, <quiver> so big...

Heard a quote last night (from the Brit comedy 'Gimme Gimme Gimme') that had me rolling around laughing. One of the characters accused someone of 'being so far in the closet they were back in ****ing Narnia! <wiping eyes> So funny...!

I like aspirin, aspirin is my friend. If I take some 20 minutes before I have to do any amount of walking the fused lumps of flesh and bone at the ends of my legs don't hurt so much. :)

Have you noticed that when politicians go visiting (Please, Mrs Bush, can George come out to play?) they always stage 'photo opportunities' where the Press (and the polie's official photographers, no doubt) can record the auspicious occasion. Have you also noticed that no matter how firm and friendly the handshake the politicians never look at each other, only at the cameras? I find this disturbingly insincere, and annoying.

I cooked myself a curry. Okay, it was a watered down version of an already mild dish (and the curry powder was quite old) but still adventurous of me, nonetheless. :) The cubs wouldn't touch it, naturally, but I enjoyed it.
I can just see the evil look my mum would give me if I told her I cooked it: when I was little I'd have to go hungry sometimes because I'd never eat one of her curries. <g>

I've been having a slack couple of days, not doing much else but rereading old stuff of mine. It's good to look back and see you've improved. <g> I was delving into some of my initial Professionals fanfiction, specifically a 3 part story I wrote 4 years ago with Sammi. In between wincing at the sheer clumsiness of the prose (the plot was mostly Sammi's, the words were mostly mine) I could still spot the occasional good bit and be pleased. I'd forgotten how much I liked one of the original characters, someone I devised out of Sammi's basic ideas. It'd be so very easy to lift this character and put her somewhere else amongst my original fiction – she'd fit right in to Dystopia, or the Supers' universe. Hm...
Should probly check with Sammi first – I don't think she'd mind but it'd be... polite. :)

No comments: