Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Oooh! There's an exhibition of impressionist paintings starting at the Gallery! Love to go and see that, and during the school holidays the Museum will be exhibiting some of its treasures. That'll be good, too, I have fond memories of the old museum and its seemingly hundreds of rooms packed with old-fashioned glass and wood display cases. The new museum, while nifty, doesn't have the same sort of soul. The old museum had fantastic (cheesy!) diaoramas of 'man through the ages', and dinosaurs, and examples of different habitats. I remember wandering through the 'technology' galleries and being fascinated by all the weapons and armour, and clocks, and sewing machines and geiger counters... <g>

My cubs aren't camera shy. While I was fiddling with the quilt strips they noticed I had the camera out and insisted on having their photos taken with their newest toys. <rolls eyes> 3 shots of the project, 6 shots of them...
They borrowed an environmental awareness video from the library today and were quite chuffed at just how many of the 'how to be green' suggestions are already part of how we live. :)

The cubs' father was going to take them to school this morning but the car wouldn't start – again. Fortunately I was dressed and ready to go so I took them there by bus instead. Wasn't too bad, only got to school 20 minutes late.
I think – until the car is definitely sorted – it'll be less stressful for me to keep using the bus. I loathe the feeling of helplessness when I'm stranded somewhere with a dead car.
Heh, only got a week and half before it's school holidays anyway!

'k, Zoo Pt 2 is posted in Dystopia, between Joules' triffic (exciting!) Loan pts 4 & 5. I've started pt 3 of Zoo, which should nicely tie up at least one of my arcs... 'Strawberry Blue', a non-aligned, one-off, sci-fi ficlet is posted in The Vault on the Wordwrights site. Here's the link to that and be sure to go ooooh at the background tile. In fact, once you've read the story, scroll right down to the end until all the text is off the screen and just gaze at the background for a few minutes. Very soothing... (Thanks, Joules! :)

No comments: