Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Quilt bits.


Not the best photo, the colours are actually much brighter, but here's about half the quilt strips laid out. There's a seperate strip on the left to show how the strips were pieced together.
Clever, eh? :)
(Thanks for hosting the pic, Joules!)

Heh, feet hurt, not surprising given the amount of walking the cubs and I did today. Went to the Museum via the supermarket (much cheaper to buy snacks there), then as we'd just missed the bus I suggested we walk the rest of the way to the train station. It's really not that far, and all downhill, so we did.
Went in specifically to see the 'Treasures' exhibition but I was a little disappointed truth be told. I was expecting to see lots and lots of old/rare stuff, but there was only 25 displays spread throughout the building. Some of it was brill – it was good to see the giant turtle shell again, and the 1940's caravan was so cute - but I was expecting more. I was also expecting to see all the pieces in the one area, I think it would've had more impact that way. Eh, I left feedback. :)
(Oh, GoodTwin, in the 'Australia Gallery' they've got the kitchen from 26 Ramsay St, the one that was destroyed by fire. Just thought you'd like to know. <g>)

Right, I've washed and dried all the cubs' school uniforms, this way there won't be a paniced scramble the night before they go back to school – again.

Mmmm... the house is smelling very Lush again. The Rock Star soap finally ran out so I trotted down to the shop to get something else nummy before I had to resort to ordinary soap. Was convinced to try a sliver of 'Miranda', so called cos it's fruity. (Get it? Carmen Miranda...) It's delicious, sweet and soft. Lovely. :)

Woohoo! The cubs' room is clean, the carpet's been vaccumed and everything.

Musical Kung-fu.
The cubs were asked what sort of games they'd like to play at their birthday party and that's one of the ones they came up with. It's like musical chairs, sort of, except that while the music's going you 'do Kung-fu moves' and the last person still moving when the music stops is out. <bg> Yes, they devised that one themselves...

Fondly remembering my own 'science experiments' at the same age I cheerfully let the cubs play about last night, mixing together various ingredients from the pantry – soy sauce, soy milk, water, vinegar, food colouring etc. I'd forgotten though, how much mess I used to make... Luckily there was a bath full of luke warm, soapy water with which to clean up. <rolls eyes>

I have a taste-memory of the porridge I used to eat when I was living in England, before we emigrated. It's taken me a long time but I've finally found a brand which is almost the same, especially when it's made with milk.


No comments: