Sunday, June 20, 2004

Cleaned the lounge-room today... found a lot of socks...

Rang the estate agent about the stove, anticipating that she'd tell the owner and he'd want to come around and check it out for himself. Surprise surprise I get a call back from the agent to tell me the owner's organising an electrician to come over... <blink> Okay, good, I'm feeling more relaxed already.

My housemate's an ubergeek and he shared with me some of the things available from one of his catalogues. There was a remote-controlled clown fish, which admittedly is really cute, that'd be fun to put in an aquarium and chase the genuine fish with. :) There was also a whole range of stuff you can plug into your unused USB ports (because, gods know, it's against the law or something to have spare ports and not use them <rolls eyes>). There's things like lights, and bloody coffee-makers, but I admit I'd like the mini-aquarium complete with itty-bitty plastic fish. <g>

There's a feng shui stall in my local shopping centre. It's very interesting, full of the usual accoutrements; resin buddhas, plastic 3-legged frogs, mirrors, coins etc but I fail to see how knock-off DBZ and Power Rangers figurines could help the flow of chi through your home...

Hn. Yahoo Mail's changed its look again. They've also given me a 100meg of space now, for free, which is amusing considering I've been looking at adds for the past 2 years asking me if I wanted to buy 100megs of space. Tch.

I had a dream the other night I was drawing a raffle. I thought I'd won a prize but it turned out I'd read the number upside-down. Heh. :)

Had a fluffy bunny moment last night and watched Camelot. (I know every word to every song – are you surprised?) It occured to me half-way through that the story isn't about love and betrayal it's about possession. The only reason things blew up so badly was cos Guinevere was Arthur's property. Now, if the 3 main characters had lived in a differently structured society – like one of the ones in my head, for instance <sunny smile> – there wouldn't have been a problem. They could've all quite happily shacked up together and the outcome would've been very different. If Arthur had the love and support of the two most important people in his life, instead of fighting them, Mordred wouldn't have got his hooks in. <tra la la> (Okay, that's assuming we're still following the stories based on Mallory's 'Morte d'Arthur' which, because they were written in a particular style had to have a villain. Actually I think Mordred is horribly mis-represented in most of the stories, as is his mother... where was I? Oh yes...) I still love the musical version, Richard Harris is so gloriously sappy and if I was a princess I'd want to be just like Vanessa Redgrave. :)


No comments: