Wednesday, November 13, 2002

The Cubs Current Career Ambitions...

One wants to be a rock star, the other a magician *head in hands*...

Can't remember what I wanted to be when I was their age, but at sometime during primary school I had vague ideas of being a nurse and working with children.. until I had a look at a nursing text book my mum had left lying around (she was studying to be a nurse educator at the time) and found the pics of cadavers. Ick. In my early teens I dabbled with the fantasy of being a pop star, though that didn't last long, and my career ideas after that circled pretty freely between artist/photographer/writer/actress. Not that I did anything about pursuing any of these. Heh, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I didn't get the marks I need in Year 12 to get into the courses I wanted to do (Architecture and Graphic Arts) which was probably just as well as I was luke warm on those anyway. So I worked, dead-end, mindless clerical jobs, and later I studied part-time (Library technician) until I got married and had the cubs. I still don't have a clear idea of a 'career' for myself, though I would like to be able to support myself with writing. We'll see how we go.

Right, haven't done a lot of what was on my list of 'things to do'.
Did finish an AC chapter, and I did clean up the cubs' room enough so that their father can get to their clothes, but for the rest? Eh.
I bought a couple of small things to go into the cubs' advent calendars, xmas decos and animal key-chains that 'poo' when you squeeze them. Ah, I can hear the gales of high-pitched, hysterical laughter now...
I bought myself a box of 32 shiny purple ball-type bells, the sort of bells you find on neko collars only bigger.
No, I don't know what I'm going to do with them either, but they're purple *happy squeak*. Oooh! I can put some of them on my backpack...

No comments: