Sunday, November 10, 2002

I am so clever. : )
The cubs needed nappies for their telletubbies dolls (don't ask) and I thought, 'heh, bet I could remember how to fold nappies. I mean, how many of the sodding things did I fold before the cubs were toilet trained?' (average 5 per child per day for almost 3 years...)
I did remember - eventually. I could 'see' the finished product in my mind but I just couldn't work out how to get there, until I started thinking along origami lines, and then it all fell into place. Funny the things that make you happy.

OkapiPrincess, Soulsis, Niki (tch, you need a nickname here) and I went to see The Importance of Being Earnest. Good cast (Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Judi Dench), well acted, very funny in places, but I couldn't quite get past the whole Victorian thing. I loathe that period, almost as much as I loathe elves... I'm sure there's a connection.

Niki gave me an old computer chair of hers. It's sooo comfortable, I can sit for an hour and not have the circulation in my legs cut off. And at a fete on the weekend (really ought to get some gear so I can get 'gothed up' when I go to church fetes : ) Soulsis and I got a new cage for my guinea-pigs. It's great, it's like an outdoor aquarium, you can sit and watch the piggles for hours very soothing.. except when you're laughing at KittenKong trying to monster them.. the piggles are so worried about her - not. ^.^
I also got 2 lovely little Japanese Maples for $1 each - they're currently residing at Aunty Niki's until I get back from holidays.

Heh, next chapter of AC is half-done, hopefully have it finished before I leave...

No comments: