Wednesday, November 06, 2002

My favourite bit of 'The Saga Begins...'

And in the end some Gungans died
Some ships blew up and some pilots fried
A lot of folks were croakin'
The battle droids were broken
And the Jedi I admire most
Met up with Darth Maul and now he's toast
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
I guess I'll train this boy


I think Weird Al is a flippin' genius! The first parody of his I saw was 'Eat it' and I was stunned, and delighted, at how close to the original clip he'd got, he'd used the same dancers and locations and everything! 'Like a Surgeon' cracks me up everytime, and I always sing along with 'Yoda', but my fav is still 'Smells Like Nirvana' *howling with laughter* that is so clever : ) I play that version far more often than the original...
Did you know that the artist formerly known as Prince (or has he gone back to Prince again?) has never given Weird Al permission to parody his work - wanker! But, in 'Amish Paradise', there's a sneaking reference to the Prince of Ponce (or 'Dave' as he's known in aus - long story) - 'We're going to party like it's 1899'

No comments: