Monday, November 04, 2002

I swear the cubs have uncanny 'know-when-mummy-is-trying-to-do-something-she-enjoys' powers. They don't come near me when I'm washing up, or cleaning, but as soon as I sit down to write...

Despite being poorly *hand to forehead in a dramatic fashion* I managed to do a little gardening this weekend. A very little gardening, basically pulling out a few weeds in the courtyard outside our kitchen window, putting down a tiny bit of mulch and repositioning my luverly terra-cotta fish statue-planter thing - after I'd cleaned it, which was an amusing exercise all on it's own - so you can now gaze upon the graceful curve of it's back, instead of the graceful curve of it's belly. The challenge with cleaning the fish was to get rid of the bird pooh while at the same time trying to leave the interesting green algae moss stuff that was growing there.
Eh, doesn't matter, the moss will grow back. : )

Curriculum day tomorrow, another day off school. (And there was much rejoicing *rolls eyes*) I'm taking the cubs to see Lilo & Stitch - again.
Heh, and this evening, in the manic half-hour before I finally managed to get the cubs into bed, they were making up dances to show me. One of the cubs performed a series of 'Vegeta' dances... A 'fighting Vegeta' dance (lots of very fast flailing of limbs), a 'training Vegeta' dance (somewhat more controlled), and a 'sneaky Vegeta' dance (creeping around with his hands held tucked up by his chest like a cartoon mouse). *smirk* OK, I admit I had something to do with that last one...

No comments: