Sunday, August 17, 2003

<blinks> .. the last thing I want is the ningen stroppy at me...

Oh dear, I'm in love...
In Tenchi Muyo there's a catrabbit thing which is nauseatingly cute. The rational part of my brain acknowledges the downright offensiveness of this creature but has been well and truly overwritten by the fluffy bunny who's a puddle of mush over it. <sigh>
... I am not going to go looking for a plushie of it though, I'm not...

Now, Orphen. I can too easily see our hero and the red-headed bishie getting all sweaty together, even had an interesting flash of a potential backstory while watching tonight's episode. Not that I actually want to write it but I'll linger on the images conjured occasionally, for my own private amusement.. heh heh heh.

And I've worked out what's bothering me about Trigun! It occured to me that in BeBop there's no falling over backwards and twitching, or sweatdrops or grotesquely exaggerated expressions – it's generally a more 'realistic' style of animation, more subtle in my opinion and I really like that. But Trigun does use those conventions and it can be irritating. Also, Vash is uncomfortably close to Goku at times – lovable idiot one moment, uberwarrior the next, I just want to hit him! - and that tends to throw me out of the story if I think about it too much.
So I don't think about it too much. : )
But it's only the third ep, I'm not going to give up on it just yet.

At Joules' recommendation I downloaded some anti-viral software (Grisoft) installed it and did a scan of my system. It came up clean. I was quietly surprised, I mean there's so much crap out there I was expecting to have picked up at least one thing. However, if it's not a bug that's, ahem, buggering up my system, then what is? I suspect even ICQlite is too rich for this puir wee beastie.
Ah well, I'll add 'computer upgrade' to my wish-list. : )

Heh, mostly through the next Dystopia chapter already. Just a short one this time, a follow-up to 'Visit'.

Ooh! The planet Mars is the closest to the Earth it's been in something like 50,000 years and it's easily visible from Melbourne right now. Amazing to see how big the blob of red-orange looks in the sky – be nice to get access to a telescope for the duration...

No comments: