Friday, August 01, 2003

Damn, I could really do with some chocolate right now...

I hate technology - I don't trust it, but it lures me into a false security when it's all working fine.
Still haven't heard back from ICQ about not being able to run the software - the 'lite' version is ok but I'd rather use the full version where I have some control over it. *sigh* Soon, no doubt...
And woke up this morning to find the cable channels are nothing but static. Rang the company who told me that as there were no problems their end, it must be us. Specifically, a problem with the vcr which, apparently, the cable box is tuned through. Grrrr...
'Is the video on the right channel?'
The f*ck*...!? How the hell should I know? There's no channel display on this model! I could try re-tuning it myself but I'd rather let one of the technophiles I live with deal with it. I should be able to do it - I can program/change the clock on the vcr, how much more difficult is tuning it? Hope it's sorted by tomorrow night, though, don't want to miss the first ep of Trigun.
OK, I'll stop grumbling about technology and grumble about something else.

I haven't written anything this week. Tch, just can't focus when my equilibrium's shot - curse that Libran ascendant! : )

(nicked from Joules' blog re: toilet training...)
Kai simply hated being wet and smelly and more or less trained himself...

One of my cubs still wets most nights - it's just something he hasn't got the hang of yet. He's not at all bothered by being wet so that doesn't help! He does use a nappy overnight, most of the time, but even then he still manages to wet the bed. Tch, boys - can't keep their hands off themselves. *g* It's not that much of a problem, really, just a nuisance washing the bedclothes when the weather's less than perfect for drying...
Their father helpfully informed me about a year ago that he wet the bed til he was 12. Oh great, thanks so much. Contemplating using the 'bell and pad' method - which is where the child sleeps on a special pad that's attached to an alarm which rings if the pad gets wet. This is sposed to train them to wake up when they need to go to the toilet.
OK, maybe in a couple of weeks when I can afford the hire cost of the equipment.

I've noticed that the cubs, no matter how bad a time they seem to be having at school, rarely scheme to stay away from it. This is good in one respect, it's one less battle I have to engage in with them but... I'm not sure this passive acceptance is for the best. One of the most important skills we can learn is knowing when something's worth fighting for/against. (Says she who is paralysed by change.) I'd like my cubs to understand that it's their right to at least question things they're not happy with, not just put up with it and stifle any frustration they feel. Something to work on, I guess.

This has been a frustrating week...

[Oooo! *watching ki-trail* Pretty sparkles!]

No comments: