Sunday, August 31, 2003

I forgot to mention (bad mummy!) that one of my cub's got a student of the week award last week for being a responsible classroom monitor. : )

The next bit of Serving Ms Brown (not Jones, twit) is up. Oh and I'm aiming to update this weekly.

Yes, the cubs and I went to see 'Finding Nemo' today.
The animation was brilliant (you don't expect anything less from Pixar) but the plot was less than inspiring and the things I thought I'd like the most (the clown fish) I liked the least. Too anthropomorphised, too schmaltzy, I just didn't like them that much. However, it was the secondary characters, and their side stories, which made this movie for me. In particular I loved Dory (voiced by Ellen deGeneres). It's a given that side-kicks are goofy but there's a reason for this one's behaviour and it worked. : ) She was brilliantly handled and thoroughly endearing (more so than the challenged poppet lead), and watch out for the seagulls and the crabs! I also liked the way the sharks were depicted in this...

Warning! Spoiler!


... not as stupid evil bullies (as they usually are) but as enlightened creatures involved in a 12 step program to get them off the fish... 'Fish are friends, not food.'
There was a lot of humour in this directed at adults. : )
Yes, go and see this movie, you'll probly enjoy it but make sure you stay for the whole credits... Once again Pixar has fun there and it's definitely worthwhile...

No comments: