Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Forecast: 11-20
Attained: 12-20


I've had my hearing aid for 2 weeks now and went back to the clinic today for a review.
In the clinical setting - that is, in a sound-proofed room with no ambient noise - the hearing test I did with and without the aid showed that it does help with deciphering speech. In the real world however...
It's good for my nice, quiet workplace, where people speak softly so as not to disturb the reverent hush of the library ([snerk]) but anywhere there's a lot of background noise - particularly sharp noises, like children and cutlery clattering - all it does is make my already bad ear hurt. Supermarkets are so-so; cafes are terrible.
So, considering I didn't have to pay for it, it's sort of worth having. :)

~=o>


Heh, the cubs cooked dinner again tonight: sausages and mashed veggies. I gave verbal directions but didn't step in at any point except to confirm that, yes, the potatoes were cooked. Cubs still need to move faster with the preparation but with the pair of them working in tandem it didn't take much longer than when I'm cooking. Meal was quite nommy, as nommy as when I make it, anyways.
I've suggested they could try some of the recipes they had from foodie classes earlier in the year. Akshully, I'm going to insist they do just that, along with making out the shopping lists as well. And I'm going to write out my recipe for meat sauce (which isn't quite spag bol) for them. That should be interesting: I haven't quantified the ingredients for years. It's all '...about this much of this, and a splash of that...' [g]



No comments: